Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!

Santa Clause came to the mall! Can you believe it? We went at 8:30 at night and I thought he would be gone for sure, but he stayed until 9:00 for us! The funny part is that when we showed up their was only one family getting there picture taken. No line at all. We thought "Awesome! This is going to be so fast!" Wrong. The mom was a perfectionist or something and kept making her kids pose with Santa. I don't know how long they were there before we showed up, but we waited 20 minutes for her to be done. Her poor kids! My kids were so tired they didn't really care. Lore and Reid just kept running through the maze of gates they had set up and Evan just sat in one of the strollers. I have such great kids. I was the grumpy one! Anyway, after the mom got her pictures the kids all talked to Santa and we took a QUICK picture of each of them. I do wish we could have gotten a group shot of the three of them, but Reid wasn't really cooperating. Maybe next year!



Lorelai said she wants a doll for Christmas, but when Santa asked her what kind of doll she wanted she had to think for a minute. It was so cute. In the end she told him "just a doll." Thanks Lorelai! You make Santa's job easier!

The idea of sitting on a strangers lap was not nearly as appealing as the idea to run around!

6 comments:

Lori Ann said...

We still haven't made the trip to see Santa! It's too bad the woman in front of you was so inconsiderate. It's hard enough to get your kids to cooperate at 8:30 at night without them having to wait 20 minutes. The kids are so cute, as always!

Miriam said...

Oh your pictures turned out cute. I love the one of Reid running around! My kids would say that was better than sitting on Santa's lap....except if he was giving out candy.

Unknown said...

We saw Santa at my family Christmas party. The kids bug me everyday to go to the mall to see him there. I just shudder at the thought of battling the traffic, but I think we are going tonight. Jay UPS'd your Christmas presents today. I hope they make it in time.

jamie said...

thats so good you take your kids to see santa - last year and the christmas party gracie screamed her brains out and so i didn't work up the never to attempt the situation again - but your pictures turned out so cute i'm thinking maybe we will try again :)

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

They are so cute!! Sadie is still afraid of santa, I just mention maybe seeing him and she is running in the other direction.

Laralyn said...

Hey there Olsen clan,
love the santa pics. can't wait to check your blog in a couple of days!!!!!!!!!
laralyn and sunnie