Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma!

(Picture by Maya)

Since we're not there in the flesh I thought I would just take a second to say "Happy Birthday Mom!" You look great and your kids love you! My mom has done some great things for us. These include paying for trips to Utah, buying clothes for the kids (and me), and always making sure we have a good time when we visit. These are great, but the greatest thing about my mom is her loving spirit. The way she cares for others before herself. When I was in the hospital with Reid it was so nice to know that my kids were in a safe place that they love, not being shuffled around. My mom is always supportive and kind and for today she is the Queen! So Mom, don't worry about anything else. Put your feet up and eat some bon bons because today is your day (when you are done teaching school. The principal might not like it if you put your feet on your desk :-) We love you!

Here is an example of Grandma's selflessness. Evan had her "modify" his ninja with some random stuff. They (meaning Grandma) worked hard for quite awhile and as soon as it was done Evan said "Ok, let's take it all off!" I made him snap a picture first, but Grandma was as sweet as can be.

No comments: