Thursday, August 28, 2008

Poison Control


Lorelai swallowed about 20-30 Teething Tablets today. I'm not exactly sure how many since I wasn't in the room at the time, all I know is how many used to be in the bottle and how many there are now. After freaking out a little I quickly called Poison Control. The tablets are supposed to be homeopathic, but you never know. The woman was very kind and assured me that Lorelai was fine. Apparently you have to eat more than 250 for it to be a problem.

Anyway, they were awesome and they have some really great information on the web. You can click on the link above. I'm thankful it wasn't serious, but it really made me look around the house in case there was any other "candy" that my kids should not be eating. You can never be too careful! I'm grateful for the non-life threatening reminder to always be on my guard.

4 comments:

Lori Ann said...

That Lorelai, always causing trouble. I'm glad that she will be ok. Thanks for the link to Poison Control, I haven't needed it yet, but I'm sure the day will come!

Young Baldwin said...

Geez...I'm glad it wasn't anything serious.Talk about a scare.I almost passed out just reading that.I almost fell out of my chair after only reading three words,"Poison,Control,and Lorelai." I'm glad Lorelai is ok and that you are ok too.

_Orla B._

Miriam said...

Oh, I'm so glad that she's okay!
That prompts me to double check all our bottles of interesting stuff!

Unknown said...

yeah we have had to use them a few times. Ask Nate about gummy vitamins. He was so plugged up from all the iron. Kid doesn't' like to eat vitamins now! Now everything is kept in a locked closet. I am so glad she is ok.