Sunday, July 10, 2011

Montgomery Day 2

Day 2: Eric went to work. The kids and I made waffles for breakfast, then packed up and headed over to say goodbye to Daddy. Lorelai had to check out Eric's work station. This is were Eric spends 40 hours of his week.
Luckily he has a Christmas tree (?!) to keep him company. It gave the kids some Christmas cheer!
After we said goodbye I thought it would be cool for the kids to see the Capitol Building. It was not cool. It was sweltering hot! We climbed and climbed until we got to the top.
I thought this would be an awesome picture opportunity.
Or not.
I did make one more effort. We started walking around the capitol, but we didn't get very far. It was just too hot. Lorelai's face really says it all. Logan was such a trooper though! He just kept smiling.
I also made the mistake of not having Reid use the bathroom before we left Eric's work. Whoops! And I left the diaper bag in the van at the bottom of the hill. I was not making that trip twice!

Montgomery is beautiful though. There were a ton of wonderful photo ops. I would love to take family pictures down there. Maybe next time we can actually plan for pictures. My only requirement is that it be less that 98 degrees outside!

No comments: