Sour Cream Banana Cake
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 ripe banana's
- 1 (8 oz. container) sour cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with vegetable cooking spray (with flour).
2. In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips, walnuts, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat the butter with the remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to slow, add the rest of the cinnamon and the remaining ingredients, and beat 3 minutes or just until smooth.
4. Sprinkle a third of the chocolate-nut sugar on the inside of the pan. Drop in half the batter in big spoonfuls. Sprinkle with another third of the chocolate-nut sugar mixture and top with the remaining batter. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate-nut sugar.
5. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Turn the coffee cake out of the pan and cool completely before cutting. Serve crusty side up.
By Kay Chun, October 2001First slice went to Lorelai for helping Grandma bake the cake!
In case you're wondering how good it was; this picture was taken less than 24 hours later.
Yummmmm. Happy day.