Sunday, July 18, 2010

Utah Wanderings- Part 1

Our trip got off to a rocky start when we missed our flight Sunday morning, but it ended up working out. Everything went very smoothly the next day. We got there VERY early and everyone was very nice. I was so glad my mom flew down and helped me fly up.

My BF from high school had her first baby on July 10 (exactly one year after Logan!) so I had to go see the little angel ASAP. Eisley is so cute! Logan thought she was absolutely adorable. We have already made plans for them to date (if we ever get to move back to Utah).
Risa and Eisley. Aren't they beautiful?!
That evening was Uncle Randy and Uncle Kyle's Water Polo game.
Clapping for his uncles.
I took this video for Eric, but thought I would post it too. Just in case anyone is wondering what in the world Water Polo is. :)


Kennecott Copper Mine
One of the things I love about visiting Utah is that I get to be a tourist in my home state. We visit places that we wouldn't if we lived in the area.
These are the biggest dump trucks I've ever seen. Reid was mesmerized.
They had some great videos about how they mine the copper and the history of open mining. I think Evan was the most appreciative of all the new information. He watched one of the video's twice. He is an eager learner!
After the copper mine we went over to the Magna Park. It was pretty warm, but the kids had so much fun. The Olsen cousins love playing together.
Baby Miles is so cute! This is my newest nephew and we love him so much. It's been killing me not to see him.
The next generation of Olsen's love water just as much as their daddy's!
Tracy Aviary
This aviary was so neat. It's located right in the middle of Salt Lake City and they had some of the most beautiful birds. The kids really enjoyed seeing birds from all over the world.
Birthday Party Part 2
Did I mention that my kids are spoiled?
Lorelai felt the she needed a Crown Cake so Grandma Beth got a cake from Roger's Bakery, we added a crown, and there you go!
I think this look says it all :)
Logan liked his new friend.
Cake for everyone!
THE BEST BREAKFAST PLACE IN UTAH. Kneaders
We had so much fun in Magna. I can't believe we fit it all in in just 5 days!

2 comments:

Miriam said...

What a fun trip. I completely forgot about the aviary...mmm might have to do that next time.

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

Very cute pictures. You are not allowed to ever move back to Utah, they are just going to have to get together in college like everyone else.:)