Monday, March 2, 2009

Snowman!

I love snow! Especially the kind we get here. It snowed all morning so we only had sacrament meeting. I love sacrament meeting on snow days. It was so peaceful and the spirit was so strong. There is just something wonderful about sitting with a small group of latter-day saints and really knowing that we have a purpose in life on this earth.

After church, the kids (and yes I include Eric in this) had so much fun playing in the snow and I had fun scrounging up enough mittens and warm clothes for them so they didn't freeze. All in all it was awesome. Eric rolled the body and Evan rolled the head. I think we had the biggest snowman in Gardendale!

Lorelai gathered extra snow for the snowman.

Reid just walked around with a snotty nose. He is not really a hat guy and I think it bothered him that I covered his head with a hat and a hood. It was probably overkill, but I was cold!

The finished product...

After we finished Evan realized that the snowman still needed arms. I think he was happy with how it all turned out.

5 comments:

Lori Ann said...

That is a huge and great looking snowman!

Blake and Courtney said...

Wasn't the snow just great?! This is the kind I like. Enough to play in for a few hours but then it melts and you don't have to worry about scraping windows or walking around in slush! With all the trees here it was beautiful!

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

That is HUGE!!! I never made a snowman that big even in Utah. It was very cold, the wind just woldn't stop blowing.

Roswitha said...

This is the best snowman I ever saw....You guys should get a prize...What a great Dad, Eric, is...What a cute family!

brit said...

that snowman is awesome! you guys got a lot more snow than us! and i'm sorry about your screen door! ha ha. it's all fun and games till someone gets their screen door poked out . . .