Sunday, July 7, 2013

How did I do it?

The question of the day! Okay, so the answer is super easy. I am awesome. LOL. Okay, not really. The truth is that Heavenly Father loves me and my awesome kids. Our trip to Utah was kind of spontaneous. I packed our things in 2 1/2 days rather than the three weeks that it usually takes! I also decided to drive through the night so my kids would have one less day of travel. I had a great support team. My husband was a rock star. He helped me pack, ran errands, got the van all prepped, and encouraged me when I got discouraged. My dear friend Michelle taught me about these amazing energy drinks that are tasty to drink and pretty good for you too! They gave me that extra boost I needed when I should have been lagging.

I really didn't take too many pictures since the first 4 states we were in were all driven through in darkness, but I did get some good ones at our first stop in Missouri! I couldn't have made this trip without my nap at Jim and Araksya's house! I won't post all the pictures I took, but here are a few of their amazing house.

On top of the hot tub... (notice the awesome exercise machine in the back? The kids LOVED it.)

 Beautiful Bedrooms


Front staircase

Wowza! Love this house and we especially love the people in it! 

We made a short stop at Adam-Ondi-Ahman. What an amazing place! 

My awesome angels! 

Patrick was not a big car sleeper which ended up being great since he slept when we got to the hotel Saturday night! This face describes his attitude about the whole trip!

The kids woke up really crabby in NE. Their was screaming and biting involved. Stopping for ice cream sure cured our problems quickly! 

See that awesome ribbon on my chest? Lorelai made that for me. She called it the "Really Long Driver" award. Made my day! 

After a seriously amazing sleep at the Comfort Suites in Gothenburg, NE we loaded up and headed out! 

My daredevils had to show how high they could climb! Don't they look so proud?! 

Made a quick stop in Sydney, NE and the boys found some rocks they wanted to add to their collection. Silly boys! 

Grandma and Grandpa T. met us in Sydney and we spent some time goofing off before getting back on the road. 

Windy Wyoming! 

Patrick was really happy to be out of the car! 

No comments: